House Flood Strikes
WE MAKE Restoration
Water damage occurs when you least expect it. We can help mitigate your loss both to your home and your pocket.
CONTACT US TODAY TO SCHEDULE A FREE CONSULTATION.
Do I Need Professional Restoration:
There are three major kinds of damage a homeowner can face. Water damage, existence of mold, and smoke damage. In each of these situations, there are basic guidelines each Home Angels service professional follows when she comes to your home.
Water Damage or House Flood
- Where is the water coming from?
- • If not from a sanitary source, it needs to be properly remediated/removed.
- Determine saturation amount ?
- • Just because you may not see the water after it’s removed, it may not mean the problem is gone. If your flooring had water on it, it is extremely possible that the water traveled to other porous areas such as your drywall or other building materials. This is when we test the saturated areas with moisture meters . If the meter shows up in the red, proper restoration should be completed
Not acting quickly to water damage could eventually produce the next major kind of damage …Mold.
- How much of the mold is visible?
- • More than 10 visible square feet needs immediate remediation.
- • Less than 10 Visible square feet requires testing to see if it’s a toxic/harmful mold. Toxic mold requires immediate remediation.
- • It is also important to take into consideration high risk individuals (i.e. Elderly, cancer survivor, infants, etc…) when determining if full scale remediation is required.
Smoke Damage and Smoke Odor
- Due to the harmful chemicals such as Carbon Monoxide that smoke can carry, it is recommended that you always hire a professional to remediate smoke damage and/or odor from your home. Inhaling it, even for a short time, can cause immediate harmful effects. These are the steps we use when remediating damage caused by fire.
- • Determine safety of structure.
- • Determine and implement proper safety equipment while working in the affected area(s).
- • Determine what can be salvaged and what can’t. Insurance providers appreciate anything that can be salvaged and/or restored.
- • Using chemicals with the correct PH levels so that more damage to affected items does not occur.